Friday, January 18, 2013

Mood Board: Geisha

The plan for my graduation creative shot is to channel my inner Japanese fanatic and be a geisha for one day. :D I chose Sayuri in Memoirs of a Geisha as my lead character to portray. I love every bit of that character! The movie takes me into the old times. I love old times, especially Japan. <3

[Grabbed from Google Images by searching "Sayuri Memoirs of a Geisha" on it.]

Today, I went to the costume store and reserved my midnight blue yukata and a ready made red obi and its bunko. I also got fickle-minded when I chose the right kimono (for me on the costume store) because I always think of Hatsumomo. >:( HAHA! I also love her character there, so tenacious and gorgeous too! I like her hair when its down. I'm going to have my hair straightened to achieve this! I can't find any hair accessories [of a geisha] to rent here in the PH. My plan now is to look for a make-up that can be natural, but not too overboard like those Maiko ladies. I guess lighter foundation, smoky eyes, red lippie and liquid eyeliners can do the trick. Simplicity is more!


[ Hatsumomo effect on me | Credits: here]


[Grabbed from here]

See?! I can't make up my mind. I'll just mix them up on Saturday. HAHA! Good luck to meee! I think I have Japanese fever in my body again. I feel that I can do anything for this obsession! HAHA! I even caught myself talking with my friends that I should watch the movie again so that I can portray Sayuri with her acts and all! I never imagined talking like that. The fever beguiled me!

I have to get ready because the photo shoot will be on Saturday! :(
Ugh. I am so pressured. Phew. 

Kaze, keep calm and be a geisha. :D



I'll update soon!



x Kaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd definitely appreciate some love from you!
Share also your blog so I can visit and follow you, thanks!
xx, Kaze