Sunday, February 26, 2012

Iloilo-Guimaras Journey Day 1


One thing that is compulsory for a tourism student is to expose themselves in the real world of our diverse industry. One of this is to tour around in so many places. And that is one thing our college couldn't provide. I won't discuss anything about the shortcomings of our college, let's just proceed to our next destination. :)

Last January, I went to Naga, and this time [I meant last week? Haha. Lagged posts.] me and my friends went to Iloilo, just to satisfy our wanderlust and because we won't have any touring from the college this year. I suggested this destination since it was my hometown and my family always go to Iloilo for VFR (Visiting Friends and Relative), for so many times. So I decided to go to Iloilo with my friends for a total exploration!

We booked our flight in 2P (Airphil Express); 10.55 am was our flight. As usual, as so many domestic airlines would do, our flight was delayed. And so we killed the time by using the free wifi and surf the net. Haha. Thank God it was only 30 mins late. I was so excited to see my families there. And yes, Terminal 3 is much better than the International old NAIA. errrr.


 
playin' around in NAIA 3! this was my outfit. :>

stolen shots before taking off. :)



Hello Iloilo! :)

picture, picture while waiting for our checked-in bags..

My cousin Kuya Alvin fetched and brought us to Lolo Ramon's house, since it was his birthday that day, he prepared a sumptuous feast for all! Yum yum. :")

KBL there! Kadyos, Baboy, Langka. FAVORITE!

After our lunch, we leave some of our bags in Lolo's house in preparation to go to Guimaras Island. :)
And so, the journey begins!!

P14 for a one way ride. Much like LRT. :))


Shikina, Me, Allison and Jilliane. We're just 4, plus my cousin. :)

Hello Guimaras! (No pic, sorry. Too many bags. :)))

Look! a 6 seater tricycle (w/ the driver). How convenient. :)

First stop, Balaan Bukid. 

I experienced Adventure Tourism at its finest! Almost 30 mins hiking?? Gosh. 



Leggo start now!

Balaan Bukid is one of the famous attractions to visit when you go to Guimaras. It is a famous pilgrimage site, where there are 14 stations of the cross while you hike and at the top, there's a small church there and a big cross overlooking the whole city of Iloilo. Nice view. :)



Actually, I just persuaded them to take pictures just for me to take a rest. I can feel my heartbeat as strong as a bass in a concert. Really. I can feel my fats burning. Hahaha!

I can see the cross getting nearer and nearer! :))

Thank God! Last station of the cross...



And we're here at the top! See the church over there? :) Just don't look at my sweaty face. HAHA!


getting a lil bit dramatic. ahaha. :))

Ah..the Iloilo City. :)

the blurry image inside the small church. :)

Jump shots before going home. Haha!

While hiking down, we stumbled upon some cows that locals are taking care of. Allison was enjoying the 'one with nature' mode of hers. :)))

Going down was the easiest. I wish I could just roll over the dirty rocky road just to get back! Haha.

Sweaty faces! :))

This is my cousin who toured us the whole trip in Guimaras. :)

Allison wants a bundle of calachuchi. We paid the boy with snacks and money for that! Phew. :)


Hello heaven! Hahaha. At last. :))

Ate Langel, my cousin, suggested that we should eat some mango pizza before going to the resort. And we were like...MANGO PIZZA?? Okay, not common in Manila. Haha. We got excited!

The Pitstop, makers of the best selling Mango Pizza. :P
It's located at the city (alibhon as they call it) of Guimaras. :)

One family Mango Pizza for Kaze? :) (P229)
and we ordered Mango shakes too. XD Just can't get enough. Hahaha!


Hah! The joy of our faces when the food was served. We were so hungry after that hiking! Fight!

Mango slices, cheese, tomato sauce, cashew nuts, bell pepper. <3<3<3

After the pizza meal, we headed straight to the resort, it took 2 hours in a road just to get there (no hiking included), and the road was dark..we went there with my cousin again, Kuya Alvin, who has a single motor, and I went there with him at the back. I felt the cold breeze of Guimaras while Kuya Alvin hikes the rocky road! Phew. IT WAS SOOO SCARY. My imaginations run wild since we're at the back. Uhh. >.<

We reached the shores of Espinosa, walking and hiking part 2! (since the tricycle and the single motor can't cross the high-tide beach side. Risky.

HELLO CABALING BEACH RESORT!
(no pics that night, sorry. haha)

Our room in the resort costs P3000. We didn't booked earlier for that room. And so, there was no other choice but that air conditioned room. Pricey. :l



Quadruple sharing: P3000. Hayy. 

Anyways, we had our room by ourselves the way we want it. :)) And we thought the price was okay since the beach and the pool and the amenities were attractive. Look out for my next post on our Day 2!



I just had my early summer break before finals!
How about you random kids? ü
xx, Kaze. :*


P.S. Some pictures were grabbed from Jilliane's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd definitely appreciate some love from you!
Share also your blog so I can visit and follow you, thanks!
xx, Kaze